We currently have two immediate vacancies in our rapidly expanding Roofing Division for an innovative new Government backed trailblazer apprenticeship to become a trained ‘waterproof membrane installer’.
You will be supported all the way through your learning journey as part of this industry recognised apprenticeship program- and at the end you will receive a qualification that is backed and recognised by the CITB (construction industry training board ), LWRA ( liquid waterproofing roofing association) and the Roofing industry.
Our partners, Langley Roofing, will provide the ‘off the job’ training to teach you the skills you will need to achieve competence against the criteria for the qualification and you will be supported by our own expert engineers in this field on a daily basis with ‘on the job’ real life training on live jobs.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be trained to install the very latest in waterproof membrane technologies and be a member of a fantastic growing company with a proud philosophy and history of developing their own skilled workforce. You will work full time with one of our trained engineers on a daily basis, and your apprenticeship training will take place ‘enbloc’ at Langley’s state of the art training centre in Daventry.
Key components of this apprenticeship are:
-Employment through an apprenticeship framework agreement with Genco Construction ltd and training towards your qualification with the training provider, Langley Roofing.
- Full Health and Safety training and induction before you commence work onsite with Genco
- Attendance on training blocks with Langley, fully funded at no cost to you
- Daily support where required to gather evidence for your qualification aims
- The opportunity to practice your skills whilst working onsite with us
- Key skills in Maths and English if required.
- You will learn to become a skilled practitioner installing reinforced bituminous membranes, single ply, and applied liquid systems and gain a new qualification that has been developed most recently
In addition to this, Genco will also invest in additional training for you with courses such as First Aid, IPAF training (to be able use Height access equipment), PASMA (training to be able to erect mobile towers), and we will support you to be registered for your CSCS card.
Apprenticeships are available to anyone aged 16 and over. There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
Skill set table-
- Excellent personal skills
- Good, polite communication skills
- Be able to use own initiative and use common sense
- Be able to integrate as part of a team
- Excellent work ethic
- A desire to learn
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours on occasions
- Happy to work at height
- GCSE Maths and English to pass level
- Some knowledge / Experience in construction industry
- Qualifications in and around construction (BTEC, Design etc)
- GCSE in design or similar field
- Be able to drive or at least be mobile
So if you think you are the type of person that would be interested in a beginning a fantastic learning journey with us and then progress onto what can be a very rewarding and enjoyable career. Then please send on your CV, along with a letter of application, to our address, which is found on our website. For more information please call 01622 623000 or email email@example.com.
For more information on Langley’s state of the art training centre in Daventry, please click the link Trailblazer Insert