- Aylesford, Kent
GENCO is proud to be a trusted contractor of Waitrose, one of the UK’s retail giants. Genco knows retail and the need to ensure that works are carried out with minimal disruption on their day to day operations, by working on time and on budget. The roof replacement project required the following works;
- 11,000 sq/m2 of safety netting (triple layer) installed within a 2-week period to ensure that debris and dust would not fall onto stock or personnel.
- Existing felt, insulation and vapour barrier was removed in programmed sections.
- Metal decking was replaced on 50% of the roof and salvaged deck was used to replace corroded sections on the other 50%.
- SIG/IKO put together a state of the art flat Spectraplan SM roof membrane system. The system comprised of a metal lined self-adhesive vapour barrier, and insulation boards to the deck and the up stands. Spectraplan SM was then installed and seams and joints were heat welded using a Varimat V2 230V.
- All products were adhered using a new ‘Sprayfast’ technique which sped up install time and also created a more consistent application.
For more information on this project, please contact the Roofing Division